martes, 10 de mayo de 2011

Getting to know me... Getting to know all about me...

I always kinda dreamed of having a child while relatively 'young', that is, before I turned 50 or something, but I also always kinda thought that just wasn't in the cards for me.
After a very, very bad first relationship -which came quite late in my life, at age 19-, I met Javier, love of my life, father of all my imaginary children, you know how that goes. We were never meant to fall in love or anything, but a friend we had in common accidentally invited both of us to the same bar, we liked each other, and BAM! we had a beautiful baby boy.
Well, actually, although there was some BAM! somewhere, things weren't that fast. We moved together a year into the relationship, and after 2 years of living together, Genaro was born. Genaro is an italian name, that goes well with his last name, but is quite unusual in our country. Actually, he's the first Genaro I know, other than my great, great, great grandfather, but that doesn't even count because I never really knew him, right?

Anyways, I meant this to be a short introduction to my small family, but I guess I failed. Great start, Ana!
What I really wanted to share with you, Universe, is that while every Mother in America was celebrating her day on Sunday, here in Argentina we were celebrating Grandchildren's Day! 'What?' you ask, I'm sure. 'I've no idea' would be the most accurate answer. Grandchildren's Day. Go figure. Or go ask random toy manufacterers, I bet they are the ones behind this...
So, no presents for poor old me on Sunday, but Baby G got a set of rubber fish for bath time.  Wanna see? Yeah, I knew you did...

Too cute for you? Don't worry, Universe, I'll give you 24 hours to recompose yourself and come back for more...

So, if you're thinking of making toys, or already are, who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters! No, sorry, I meant, Grandparents!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario